The Quirky Ladies is a group of eclectic (and dare I say quirky?) ladies who are passionate about writing romantic fiction. All types of romantic fiction...paranormal, fantasy, historical, erotic and contemporary. Bring it on!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Reality Check


I'll admit it; I write fantasy because sometimes reality tends to suck. Sometimes it all piles up at once, and there's nothing you can do but get through it because you know it doesn't ALWAYS suck, it just does right now.
You know what gets me through? The Serenity Prayer. No, I'm not going religous on you, but that is my post for the week. It can be used by the minute, hour, day, whenever you feel the need. Try it. If things already suck, what have you got to lose?

God, grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference

2 comments:

Michelle Picard said...

I love this prayer. I think it sums up a lot of how we need to cope with our lives. But here's hoping you'll have days you don't need it very soon Dalton.

Dalton Diaz said...

It's 2 pm here, and I'm on the say it hourly plan already. Safe to say, that won't be today!