It’s my turn to blog again – lions and tigers and bears, oh my! What to write about? You would think as a “writer” pithy words would flow from my mind to my fingers and onto the computer screen effortlessly.
Sometimes that actually does happen, sometimes not so much. So…this blog is not going to be about writing, it’s just going to be.
I’ve decided like Nina that I need to “get off the treadmill” of my own making and not stress unless absolutely necessary. What a novel concept, especially for women, right? If it’s not in my circle of influence, it’s not my problem. I don’t need to fix everything or save the world every day – I just need to find balance, and focus on the things that make me feel good deep in my soul.
I also need to turn my mind off, or at least tell it to shut up for a while, so my heart can push me forward to where I need to go. I’m a thinker – 24/7 – and my mind needs to go on vacation so my heart (or my instincts depending on what you believe) can run the show for a while. Intuition is a powerful tool and right now it’s telling me to share some of my favorite quotes with you and call it a blog, so I can get back to some much needed soul-searching. LOL!
In all seriousness, I hope you enjoy the quotes and are doing what you need to do right now to find balance in your life. Your soul will thank you.
- Put your heart, mind, intellect and soul even to your smallest acts. This is the secret of success - Swami Sivananda
- True love does not come by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly - Jason Jordan
- Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock - Author Unknown
- The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - Eleanor Roosevelt
- Just when the caterpiller thought the world was over, it became a butterfly - Proverb
- When you are going through hell, keep going - Sir Winston Churchill
- Rainbows are just to look at, not to really understand - Unknown
- Sing like no one's listening, love like you've never been hurt, dance like nobody's watching, and live like it's heaven on earth - Mark Twain
- It's the simple things in life that are the most extraordinary - Paulo Coelho
- May the force be with you - Star Wars