Me, quirky? I have no problem embracing my inner quirkiness! So, here's my list....
- Trained an Amazon River dolphin as a high school student.
- Took piano lessons for 6 years at Carnegie Mellon with a strict Russian concert pianist.
- Has a master's degree in turfgrass science (yes, there is a science to turfgrass!).
- Is distantly related to the weird lady (Zelda Rubinstein) in Poltergist who says..."Carole Anne, do not go into the light...."
- Started the lacrosse club at Vassar College (which is now a varsity team).
- Published a paper in the Journal of Marine Biology titled Nitrate Reductase Activity in Zostera marina.
- Tie-dyed the headmaster's dog the night before graduation while working at a boarding school in New Hampshire.
- Flew for 24 hours with a newly adopted baby from the Philippines who had never been in a car seat (good times!).
- Met my husband in organic chemistry lab.
- Travelled to Russia, Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy and Denmark.
- Just met Ming Tsai at Blue Ginger and had a nice chat about college reunions! (Okay, Vicki, so it wasn't Hugh Jackman...I'll bet Ming could cook Hugh under the table!).
I'm super excited today because I just got my first review for Sweet Inspiration, my debut novel which will be released on 12-02-09 by The Wild Rose Press. Here's a snippet from Phoebe Jordan, Romance Readers and Writers....
"Penny Watson delivers an exciting and magical debut novel that will have you falling in love with the Klaus family from the very beginning, and will not let you go even after the story has ended. I look forward to all of Penny Watson's future books, especially the next four books in her Klaus Brothers Series."
Yippee! Can't wait for Christmas!